- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb salmon fillets (3 or 4 salmon fillets)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
White cream sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 5 oz spinach fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
InstructionsHow to sear salmon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt.
- When the oil is hot, add salmon fillets flesh side down (skin side up). Sear for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Flip the salmon fillets to the other side (skin side down). Sear for another 4 or 5 minutes on medium heat until salmon is flaky.
- Remove salmon from the skillet.
How to make white cream sauce
- To the same, now empty, skillet, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped artichokes, capers. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts, for a couple of minutes.
- To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, add 1 cup of heavy cream and paprika. Bring to simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt. Add more paprika, if you like.
- Add cooked salmon to the skillet with the cream sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon, and simmer for a minute or more, until the salmon is warmed up and cooked through. The salmon should be flaky.
- Season with salt, if needed.