These easy yet flavorful chicken tacos are smooth to make and filled with the brilliant juicy and scrumptious chicken! Perfect for weeknight meals and makes terrific leftovers!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste,
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Season chicken with chili powder mixture.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
Serve chicken in tortillas, topped with pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro and lime