Chicken Noodle Casserole is all the consolation of chicken noodle soup and chicken casserole in only forty-five minutes with a bonus cheese sauce and crispy topping children will love!
- 12 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 ounces cream of chicken soup, (2 cans)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, (corn, peas, and carrots)
- 20 Ritz Crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes shy of the directions then drain (do not rinse).
- Cut the chicken into 1″ cubes and cook in a skillet on medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, then remove from the pan to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pasta, salt, pepper, garlic, soup, milk, cheese and vegetables and carefully mix then place into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the Ritz crackers and butter to a small skillet on medium heat until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally until the cracker crumbs start to toast, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cracker crumbs over the chicken noodle mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes uncovered.