I’ve currently shared recipes for grilled chicken shawarma and shawarma sauce and my favored way to enjoy these is in wraps! These wraps start out with pitas with hummus unfold on the internal, alongside sliced shawarma sauce and plenty of different tasty elements like lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled crimson onions, olives, feta, and shawarma sauce! Yum! Chicken shawarma is considered one of my cross-to takeout food when I’m in a rush and this self-made version is even higher!
Creamy shawarma sauce!
- 4 pitas
- 1 pound chicken shawarma, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced or sliced
- 4 tablespoons pickled red onions
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons shawarma sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- Lightly grill or toast the pitas or luffas, divide the remaining ingredients between them and wrap before enjoying!
Option: Replace the cucumbers and tomatoes with quinoa tabbouleh salad!
Option: Add pickled jalapenos!