Chicken noodle soup is the remaining comfort food. This easy soup recipe can be made on your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
After a simple chili recipe (what I bear in mind the last slow cooker food), you’d suppose chook noodle soup might have been the second one recipe I posted to this gradual cooker weblog however as an alternative, it took me almost 3 years. Is it better past due than in no way? It’s pouring rain right here in LA these days, this means that the perfect time for my first chicken noodle soup recipe.
SLOW COOKER OR INSTANT POT?
I love the simplicity of this recipe. Add the whole lot, stir, let it cook. Yes, the noodles are brought later but they don’t take long to cook dinner. I nevertheless remember a good set-it-and-forget-it slow cooker recipe. Of path, if you’re crunched for time, you can make this in your Instant Pot too. Having made it each method, I can honestly say that I don’t have a preference. I assume it’ll rely on what is convenient for you or which equipment you have or like to use.
WHAT CUT OF CHICKEN TO USE
I endorse the usage of a bone-in cut of chicken-like thighs, breasts, or legs (pores and skin on or skin off, it doesn’t count) with this recipe. Thighs and legs due to the fact dark meat, in widespread, tends to have a greater taste and it’s much less in all likelihood to overcook. Bone-in fowl breasts are an amazing alternative if you don’t need to apply dark meat. If you’re the use of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, decrease the cooking time through an hour or two because it will prepare dinner quicker than the alternative cuts. Whatever cut of chook you operate, prepare dinner it till it shreds without problems. If you’re using pores and skin-on chook, the skin will pull off after cooking. Or you can dispose of it earlier than cooking, I just by no means take some time to achieve this.
WHAT TYPE OF NOODLES TO USE
I used extensive egg noodles. Like most of my recipes, I inspire you to apply the ingredients that be just right for you. In different words, you could use your chosen noodle on this soup. If not huge egg noodles, other hints encompass farfalle, spaghetti, linguine, penne, fettuccine, fusilli, or orzo.
I realize I left some of the ingredients vague on purpose. 2-three celery stalks, 2-3 carrots. I accept as true with you should use elements that you have or can find without difficulty. If you simplest have 2 celery stalks, rather than going to buy extra celery, use 2 rather than 3. Don’t take care of cooked carrots (like me)? Use 2 carrots in place of three. Like numerous broth? Use the full 8 cups as opposed to 6. I use 7 cups of broth in case you’re curious. Make this recipe for you. I handiest use 1 teaspoon of salt however I tend to underneath-salt my recipes in trendy. Add more salt to this in case you need to, I will not be indignant.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
While I typically use dried herbs to make this, I used fresh herbs. If you use sparkling herbs, put off them whilst the soup is achieved cooking alongside the bay leaves.
- 1 lb bone-in chicken
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 6–8 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken broth
- 2–3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2–3 medium-size carrots, sized
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (or 2–3 springs fresh)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (or 2–3 springs fresh)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT for the noodles into the slow cooker. Stir gently.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8.
- Remove chicken, shred & add back into the slow cooker.
- Add preferred noodles and cook on HIGH an additional 10-20 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add celery, carrots, and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the uncooked pasta.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- Natural release pressure for 10 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from the pressure cooker. Discard skin and bones and shred the meat. Add the shredded chicken back into the IP along with the uncooked pasta. Cook on the warm setting 5-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.