This easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken chili recipe comes collectively in a snap thanks to the stress cooker! Don’t have one? I’ve got slow cooker instructions, too! (Gluten-loose, dairy-free, paleo-pleasant)
FYI – This recipe takes about 35 minutes when you start cooking. 5 mins to saute + 15-18 mins to come back to strain + 10 mins cook dinner time + 2 mins to quick-launch steam. Total prepare dinner time = approximately 35 mins
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 carrots, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (15oz) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained & rinsed (or 2 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Press the SAUTE button and add olive oil to your Instant Pot.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and stir on SAUTE setting 4-5 minutes, or until mostly tender.
- Press CANCEL to turn off saute setting.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, hot sauce, broth, dill, and cumin.
- Stir to combine, then cover with the lid.
- Seal the lid closed and double-check that your pressure valve is set to SEALING (not venting).
- Press PRESSURE COOK (manual) and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. (It took my Instant Pot 15-18 minutes to come to pressure in my tests).
- After the 10 minutes of cook time, quick-release the steam (about 2 minutes), then carefully open the lid.
- Shred the chicken with two forks directly in the Instant Pot (or remove chicken to a cutting board or plate and shred there) and stir shredded chicken back into the soup.