Enjoy those Mexican stimulated dinner bowls which might be filling and tasty as well. These bowls are filled with mildly highly spiced chicken rice, black beans, salsa, cheddar cheese, and sparkling cilantro.
Instant Pot Chicken, Beans & Rice Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15½-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili powder and cook for about 1 minute.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in chicken, beans, salsa and rice and top with broth.
- Secure the lid and turn to the “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and transfer the chicken mixture into serving bowls.
- Top with cilantro and cheese and serve.