How to make THE BEST crispy and tasty low carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust with foolproof little. Only fifty-six energy and 4 grams of carbs consistent with slice.
Just examine critiques for your self! This cauliflower crust pizza comes out crispy, you may preserve the slice and use frozen cauliflower or cauliflower rice to make it.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
You are looking at the quality cauliflower pizza crust on the web! It is crispy, tacky and you could virtually maintain the slice. I will no longer lie, the crust doesn’t flavor like traditional pizza crust (duh!). Or this recipe is time-eating. But it’s miles super tasty! And I distinctly advise 2 crusts!
Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Healthy?
In the past few years, cauliflower rice pizza crust has gained a huge reputation as a low carb gluten-loose alternative to conventional wheat flour pizza crust. Nowadays you could take pleasure in “pizza”, America’s favored consolation meals, and no longer overeat or sense bloated.
- Cauliflower is high vitamins K and C which keep your bones healthy.
- Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower help detox your liver.
- It reduced high blood pressure.
- It strengthens your immune system.
- Also high in fiber and antioxidants. Never a bad thing.
But of course, there is an egg and cheese too. A nice balance.
Healthy Pizza Crust Calories:
Healthy pizza crust has 56 calories, 4 grams of carbs and 4 grams of protein.
Cauliflower Rice Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- Cauliflower: You will need a large head of cauliflower, 6″ – 7″ in diameter, about 2.5 – 3 lbs.
- Egg: Egg is part of “the glue” that holds cauliflower pizza dough together.
- Cheese: As cheese melts during baking, it helps to bind small pieces of cauliflower into a crust. Cheese is crucial! So is the egg. Sorry, I cannot be vegan.
- Spices: Simply dried herbs like oregano, basil or Italian mix plus salt and pepper add flavor to the crust. Cauliflower itself is pretty bland. Also, you can add garlic powder.
Can I Use Store-Bought Cauliflower Rice?
Yes, you can use keep bought fresh or previously frozen cauliflower rice rather than making your very own. About 4-5 cups or one package.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust Crispy:
Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip with a spatula and bake for a few more minutes.
Tips for Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
Squeeze More Than You Think You Can
The first-rate advice I can give you for foolproof cauliflower pizza crust – squeeze cooled cooked cauliflower thoroughly. You absolutely do want to squeeze out greater water than you observed you’ll ever be able to. Squeeze after which bypass it to a husband, if vital. Cauliflower must be pretty dry. I squeezed after which moved the cauliflower around a bit and squeezed once more. If your arm is sore for a piece after, you did it well.
Make 2 Pizzas
Make 2 pizza crusts at a time if you need to feed greater than two. Unless you are cooking cauliflower pizza crust recipe simplest for yourself. I definitely want to double the recipe. Means huge heads of cauliflower.
Use Cheesecloth or Linen Towel
You can locate cheesecloth in maximum properly-stocked supermarkets, dollar shop or on Amazon for a completely affordable fee.
Linen towel works amazing too.
You can throw both inside the washer.
About Baking Sheet
- More likely your crust will not cover as much of a pan as shown in the picture above. It depends on the size of your round pizza pan. And if you are using a rectangular baking sheet, the size will vary.
- Any baking sheet with parchment paper works.
- You can use pizza stone lined with parchment paper.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust Without Food Processor
- Grind cauliflower florets in 3 – 4 batches on the lowest setting.
- Grate cauliflower.
- Buy pre-made cauliflower rice.
How to Freeze Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Bake, cool, wrap in plastic or place in a resealable extra-large Ziploc bag and freeze.
- Thaw completely before baking with toppings.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1. Separate cauliflower into florets.
- Using a paring knife, remove outer leaves.
- Cut off florets one by one. Core is used too.
2. Rice the Cauliflower
Place cauliflower florets in a meals processor and manner till “rice” texture. Some coarse chunks are great. You might be baking and then squeezing the cauliflower, so chunks do now not count.
3. Cook “the Rice”
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or
- Microwave for 8 minutes.
- Then transfer cooked cauliflower to a bowl lined with cheesecloth. You can also use a linen tea towel like this one. I used it to make cauliflower breadsticks and it worked like a charm.
4. Let Cool a Bit
5. Squeeze Water Out
Holding by the four corners of cheesecloth with one hand, squeeze out as a great deal liquid as you could with the opposite hand. Squeeze truly nicely. Quite some instances. I imply it! Count it as an arm exercising for the day.
Cauliflower must be quite dry. I squeezed and then moved the cauliflower around a bit, and squeezed again. If your arm is sore for a bit after, you did it well.
You have to be left with a cauliflower mash.
6. Form Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Transfer squeezed cauliflower to a bowl. Add egg, oregano or basil, cheese, salt and pepper, and mix well.
Using your fingers, flatten pizza dough on an organized baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Make it smaller than within the video. I made it a chunk too skinny which isn’t the cease of the world. The crust will want longer cooking time which burns the rims a chunk.
7. Bake the Crust
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip and bake for a few more minutes until crispy.
- Your healthy cauliflower pizza crust is ready.
8. Add Toppings
- Add pizza sauce, toppings and bake again until cheese is melted.
- Do not overload the crust with heavy toppings.
Tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, olives, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley.
Chicken and pepper
Tomato sauce, sliced grilled chicken breast, olives, red onion, and cheese.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (6″ – 7″ wide or 2.5–3 lbs) or 5-6 cups of store-bought cauliflower rice
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (dried oregano or basil)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, grated/shredded
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves, separate into florets and chop into smaller pieces. Process in a food processor in 2 batches, until “rice” texture forms (skip if using store-bought “rice”). Transfer cauliflower rice on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove cooked cauliflower rice from the oven, transfer to a bowl lined with a double/triple layered cheesecloth or linen towel, and let cool for 5 minutes. Then squeeze the liquid out of the ball (cauliflower inside the cheesecloth) as hard as you can. Be patient and do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out. Muscle work.:)
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl whisk the egg with dried herbs, salt, and pepper for 10 seconds. Add cheese and squeezed cauliflower; mix very well with a spatula until combined.
- Line the same baking sheet with new parchment paper or silicone mat (just make sure to scrape off any bits of cauliflower) and spray with cooking spray. Transfer cauliflower pizza dough in the middle and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms. Make it thicker that in my video, I made it a bit too thin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip with a spatula and bake for a few more minutes.
- Top cauliflower pizza base with your favorite toppings and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Freeze: Tightly wrapped in plastic for 1 month.
You could cook cauliflower rice in a microwave (I just don’t have one) adjusting time according to your microwave’s abilities (they all differ).