Copycat Panera Chicken & Wild Rice Soup recipe is straightforward, hearty, creamy, and tastes similar to my favored soup at Panera Bread! It’s a light sufficient soup recipe for the spring and summer months.
Yes, I’m posting a comforting soup recipe in May. In my protection, it’s going to be inside the ’50s all week and rainy so I deemed it suitable. I love soup recipes and I cause them to often. Panera bread is kind of my go-to area when I exit to lunch in the course of the week.
Being the creature of dependancy that I am, I trade between the Broccoli Cheddar Soup and the Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. This Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is what I make once I’m clean out of snacks.
Back in 2012 when Mr. Wishes and I lived in Miami for 6 months, I went to Panera Bread every single day for lunch. I wish I was exaggerating, however, I am not. It turned into somewhere I ought to stroll to and sit down for hours doing work on my pc without looking out of the region.
The employees there at Panera were given to recognize me and knew my order ahead of time after some time. One of Mr. Wishes’ preferred testimonies was how in the future I changed into sitting in Panera Bread in Miami and I had the tomato soup. I knew as him up whilst he becomes at work because I idea I become having a coronary heart attack.
I literally notion I changed into going to keel over right there in that booth. He definitely left work to come back to assist me and I called him again a few minutes later to tell him it became just heartburn. Ha! It became certainly actually horrifying although.
I have already got a copycat version of Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup and I thought it turned into approximately time that I learned the way to make my different favorite at domestic. I could devour soup for every meal, much to Mr. Wishes’ dismay. How can every person be a soup hater?
This one has meat in it so it didn’t torture him as a good deal as soup normally does. The seasonings in this soup are just right and the creamy texture is spot on. It is perfect for cold climate however not too heavy at all for the warmer weather. I may additionally never visit Panera again after tasting this! But, I will….Not anything will ever prevent me. Not even a tomato soup-prompted coronary heart attack.
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4.3-ounce box of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice + seasoning packet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- scallions, for garnish
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Allow the carrots, celery, and onion to simmer over medium heat for around 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the pepper, dried oregano, bay leaf, and shredded chicken. Mix until combined.
- Allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk with the ½ cup flour until no lumps remain.
- Pour this into the soup mixture and whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Place the long grain and wild rice and the seasoning packet into the soup and mix until combined. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 more minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh scallions and serve hot. Enjoy!