Everything you adore about hen parmesan in a heated chicken of soup! You’ll love this easy and comforting Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup. It’s positive to be your own family favored!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, rubbed between the palms of your hands
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, rubbed between the palms of your hands
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 parmesan cheese rind (optional, but recommended)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat or gluten-free rotini or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet sauté the onion in the olive oil for 3 minutes then add in the garlic and sauté another minute.
- In the slow cooker add the sautéed onion and garlic along with all of the other ingredients minus the pasta and shredded cheeses. Stir together until combined then cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, or on low for 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred them; return them to the slow cooker then stir in the pasta (see note regarding pasta). Cook on high for 30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente. Stir in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with the shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
- If you plan to freeze this soup omit the pasta and cook separately. Add the pasta to the soup you plan on eating at the time as pasta doesn’t freeze well in soup.