Slow Cooker Cuban Shredded Beef, also called Ropa Vieja, is a simple savory recipe when you are seeking out a flavorful dinner to simmer all day long even as you worry about greater vital matters.
Ropa Vieja – Cuban Shredded Beef
- 2-2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 oz can be chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- cilantro white rice, Cuban-style black beans, and tortillas (optional)
Add all ingredients for the Cuban Shredded Beef into a slow cooker and cook on high for six hours, or until beef is tender and falling apart.
Serve on top of white rice, black beans and sprinkled with cilantro. Tortillas are optional.
Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the meat.