A gentle and delicious Crock Pot Roast with homemade Sour Cream Gravy crafted from the broth from the red beef roast.
- 4 -5-pound beef roast any cut
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canned beef broth or dry white wine
1. Salt and pepper your beef roast. In a large frying pan or dutch oven melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Sear the roast on all sides. Remove the roast and place the sliced onions in the pan to saute until translucent.
2. Place the roast, sauteed onions and garlic powder in the crockpot, turn on low with the lid on and cook 7 hours or until the roast is tender.
3. Remove the broth from the crockpot to a saucepan. Stir the flour into the sour cream, add 1/2 cup canned beef broth or white wine, stir until combined. Add the broth from the crockpot. Heat the sour cream gravy until it thickens slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over sliced roast beef.
My roast was small, I suggest doubling the sour cream gravy if using a larger roast.