About Balinese Chicken Satay Recipe: Chicken satay made with Balinese flavors of ginger, chilies, turmeric, white pepper, garlic and a touch of sugar.
Ingredients Of Balinese Chicken Satay
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken breasts, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- 5 long fresh red chilies, chopped and de-seeded
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1-inch ginger, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8-10 garlic pods
- 4-5 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
How to Make Balinese Chicken Satay
- 1. Grind all the ingredients together except the chicken into a soft thickish paste.
- 2. Coat the chicken cubes with the paste and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- 3. Skewer the chicken, 3-4 pieces on each stick.
- 4. Cook for 10-12 minutes on a barbeque or grill it in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- 5. Serve hot.
- Tip for Satay:
- 1. In case you don’t have a grill or an oven, you could also cook this satay on a non-stick pan. The same Marinade works very well also with prawns.