About Peri Peri Chicken Satay Recipe: A mouth-watering hen starter! This chicken satay recipe has a spicy twist with the addition of fiery peri sauce. Serve this appetizer at a night meal or prepare for a recreation night time with buddies, the succulent fowl pieces slathered in spices and grilled to perfection would tingle everybody’s flavor buds.
Ingredients Of Peri Peri Chicken Satay
- 200 gms boneless skinless chicken thigh (trimmed)
- to taste salt and pepper
- 100 gms yogurt
- 5 gms chili powder
- 25 gms ginger garlic paste
- 5-gram coriander leaves
- oil to fry
- 50 gms peri sauce
- 100 gms potato fries
How to Make Peri Peri Chicken Satay
- 1. Soak the skewers for at least 60 minutes or more totally submerged in water before using it to prevent burns. You may skip this part if pan grilling.
- 2.Marinate thigh chicken with yogurt, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, peri sauce, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Refrigerate and use when ready. You may make this a day or more ahead of time.
- 4. Place in a zip lock bag, or sealed containers and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- 5.When ready to grill. Using tong remove excess marinates and reserve.
- 6.Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 7. Place chicken over medium heat, and then brush with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Grill for about 10 to 15 minutes, rotating from sides for even cooking. Keep an eye on it — if they are browning too quickly, turn the heat down.
- 8.Grill in batches if you have a small grill. Transfer the skewers to a platter.
- 9. In a small saucepan simmer the remaining peri marinade and the one from the chicken for about 7 minutes.
- 10.Serve with chicken, heat oil and prepare the potatoes fries, serve as a bed for the chicken.