How to make a SPICY Chen sandwich at domestic! Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich, chick fil a spicy sandwich is ideal however not anything is better than homemade!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons pickle juice
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
Two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
2 sandwich rolls
1/4 cup bread-and-butter pickles
Honey, for drizzling
a deep-frying thermometer
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and hot sauce. In another bowl, toss the cabbage, parsley, and jalapeno with the pickle juice.
- Heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, pepper, cayenne, and salt. Pour the buttermilk into another shallow dish. Working with one piece at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip in the buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge again in the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Spread the bottom of each sandwich roll with the spicy mayo mixture. Layer on the pickles and fried chicken. Drizzle with honey, then top with some slaw and the sandwich roll tops.