This simple Chicken Pad Thai recipe is everything! Tastes just like takeout —she prepares in half an hour!
- 1 box Pad Thai style rice noodles this is one of our favorite types of Pad Thai Rice Noodles and is pictured above
- 1 cup Pad Thai sauce
- 1 lb chicken cubed
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 small yellow onions sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fresh mung bean sprouts may substitute with canned
- 1-2 bunches green onion chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB Mirin sweet Japanese cooking wine
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped
Prepare noodles according to instructions on the package and set aside. (You can do this while you are cooking the other ingredients.)
Saute onions until caramelized. Set aside in large mixing bowl.
Saute chicken (may use the same pan in which you cooked the onions) with soy sauce and mirin. When chicken is partially cooked, add shrimp, 1 cup of mung bean sprouts (they will cook down– this is a great way to hide more veggies for the kids), and mushrooms.
When mushrooms start to soften, remove all ingredients from pan and add to a large mixing bowl with the sautéed onions.
Scramble eggs and add to the mixing bowl.
Add noodles, green onions, remaining cup of mung bean sprouts, and sauce. Stir until ingredients are well-combined.