One-Pot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta cooks in a single pot to make smooth up smooth! The meal is filled with flavor and is ideal for the entire own family.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Sliced jalapeño, for garnish
- Freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken with chili powder; set aside.
- In a 12” pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute.
- Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water, and sliced peppers. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with bacon, sliced jalapeños, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!