One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta is made with a few simple components and springs together in one skillet. It is made with all your preferred Chicken Parmesan substances and flavors.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 12” pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, sauce, and broth. Stir then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil.