This Marinated Carrot Salad is a fabulous facet to go together with such a lot of mains and it’s brilliant for a summer amassing. It is a nostalgic recipe for me because it was something that my mom and grandmother used to make. It is a tangy-sweet aspect that appeals to so many for summer season BBQ.
- 5-6 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 medium sweet or regular onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 can (10 oz.) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the carrots to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for about 5 min. or until tender-crisp. Don’t overcook so that they are falling apart. Drain the carrots and let them cool.
- While the carrots cook, in a small pot add the canola oil, vinegar, sugar, tomato soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and stir to let the sugar dissolve and the ingredients meld together. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Mix the carrots, green peppers, and onions together in a container with a lid. Add the dressing and toss well. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.
This recipe will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge if sealed tightly. It is a great portable recipe for any gathering.