Between the excellent bunches we can not withstand on the farmer’s marketplace and the bounty in our CSAs, we seem to have carrots popping out of our ears proper now. Instead of or roasting them, permit their herbal crunch and taste shine on this raw salad.
- 5 Large carrots, peeled and ribboned into thin strips
- 5 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 handful mint, leaves rolled up and thinly sliced, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, nigella seeds, or seed of choice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Soak carrot ribbons in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes, drain and air dry or dry in a salad spinner.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add carrot ribbons to a large serving bowl or platter and top with radishes and mint. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
Top with seeds and garnish with extra mint leaves. Serve immediately.