This carrot salad with pina colada yogurt, green grapes, and macadamia nuts has a tropical subject matter. Just blend and chill out.
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup pina colada yogurt
- 1/3 cup salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, grapes, yogurt, and macadamia nuts; toss to coat. Squeeze lemon wedges over salad before serving.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
3/4 cup: 184 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.