Refreshing for the summertime months, this Polish Carrot and Apple Salad recipe is an excellent side dish for pierogi. It is also vivid and colorful so it first-rate to bring to parties, and the brought raisins provide it a nice natural sweetness. Use small crisp carrots that are not dry and find apples that are crunchy and juicy–Fuji apples work properly. We triple this recipe and enjoy all through the week as a healthful snack.
6 carrotsPolish Apple Carrot Salad Recipe with Raisins & Dill
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons raisins
1/2 cup sour cream
(1 teaspoon superfine sugar if needed)
Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh dill
1. Soak raisins in hot water.
2. Wash and grate the carrots and apples (a food processor is highly recommended).
3. Toss apples and carrots with lemon juice, coat thoroughly so apples do not brown.
4. Drain raisins and add to carrot salad. Add sour cream and dill and mix well. Taste for sweetness and add sugar if needed.
5. Allow chilling for one hour to one day in the fridge. This salad can actually last for several days.
*Click “Add New Comment” below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!