Potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown with gentle, juicy chicken thighs. A family favorite!
- 4 potatoes medium-sized, cut into 3/4″ cube (russet, white, and red are all good choices, no need to peel)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I like to use thighs)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley (optional, freshly chopped)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
Place the potato cubes in a large bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
Spray a large (9×13) baking dish with nonstick spray.
Spread potato mixture in dish and bake about 15 minutes.
Remove baking dish from oven and place the chicken pieces in the dish, nestling them down into the potato mixture a bit.
If desired, brush the top of each chicken piece with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
When serving, sprinkle chopped parsley on top (if desired).