Carrot Salad is a brilliant and colorful aspect dish that tastes refreshing and has a perfectly balanced sweet and tangy flavor.
- 1 pound carrots, 5-6 large carrots
- 1 large sweet apple, or 2 small apples
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil, or mild olive oil
- 1 tsp honey, or more
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
Peel the carrots and coarsely grate them in a food processor. Peel, core and grate the apple. Add lemon juice to grated apple and mix. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined then add the carrots, apples, and raisins. Stir everything together and adjust seasoning.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.