Deciding to begin ingesting wholesome, I took a traditional carrot and raisin salad recipe and lightened it up, then added apples for extra flavor. I took this dish to a weight reduction organization assembly and they cherished it! —Kim Jones, Collinsville, Illinois
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 table
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut, and apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.