Snowy days call for heat, hearty soup like my Favorite White Chicken Chili seasoned with cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and inexperienced chilies.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 oz. can green chilies, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 14.5-oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 15-oz. cans white Northern beans, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Set pressure cooker to sauté. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil with the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and green chilies; cook for 2 minutes.
- Press cancel to stop the sauté function. Pour in the chicken broth and add the chicken breasts.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Soup/Stew and cook for 5 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot along with the beans.
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté and cook for 5 minutes until the soup is heated through.
- Add the Monterey Jack cheese and stir until melted; serve garnished with sliced scallions and more cheese, if desired.