Keep warm on a cold winter’s night with a steaming bowl of this delicious white chicken chili. Really delicious has a nice flavor
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons masa harina
Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
Two 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, drained
One 10-ounce bag frozen corn
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 avocado, diced
4 to 6 lime wedges
a pressure cooker
- Mix the coriander, cumin, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil to a pressure cooker set to saute and add the chicken. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken and toss. Cook until the chicken has started to sear on the outside, then add the broth.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing, and cook on manual for 6 minutes. Release the steam using the quick-release cycle. Remove the chicken to a board and shred with two forks.
- Put the heavy cream and masa harina in a small bowl and mix until smooth with a whisk or fork.
- Switch the pressure cooker to saute and return the chicken to the pressure cooker along with the masa and heavy cream mixture, cannellini beans, green chiles, and corn. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili has thickened and the corn is warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle the chili into 6 bowls. Top with cheese and avocado. Serve with lime wedges.