This White Chicken Chili is the perfect combination of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. It’s fantastic simple to make and ready in just half an hour!
White Chicken Chili
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white cannellini beans drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 (4.5 ounce) cans green chiles
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- sliced jalapeno
- diced avocado
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- lime juice
Pour olive oil into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add in onion, celery, and bell pepper and saute 5 to 7 minutes, until soft.
Stir in garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Cook 1 minute.
Pour in chicken broth, white beans, corn, and green chilis and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in cilantro and serve hot, plain, or with desired toppings.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 1654mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 37.9mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 8mg