This creamy white fowl chili is made exceptional smooth for your crockpot! Creamy with masses of spice, it’s the correct companion on a chilly night time!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- a dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth, and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and a half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.