These marinated and grilled Coconut Lime Chicken Skewers are complete of Thai flavors! Serve them over cilantro coconut rice for a smooth and delicious dinner.
COCONUT LIME CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Combine all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl or freezer bag. Add in the chunks of chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates. Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden (soak overnight if using wooden) skewers. Place the chicken skewers onto the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes depending on the size of your chunks then flip them over and grill another 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is grilling make the rice. Add the rice, coconut milk, water, green onion, cilantro, salt and pepper to a medium-sized saucepan. Stir together. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer and cover with a lid. Cook the rice for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat leaving the lid on and let it steam for 10 minutes. Add in the lime zest and juice and fluff with a fork.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the rice and garnish with cilantro and a drizzle of sriracha if desired.
I like to drizzle the chicken skewers with sriracha for extra spice and flavor.