This cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole is a quick and smooth own family weeknight dinner that has all the flavors of traditional tamales without all the fuss!
- 1 package (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese blend, divided
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, from the rotisserie chicken
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- sliced black olives
- chopped green onions
- finely chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly sprays a 9×13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the corn muffin mix, cream-style corn, eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin and 1 cup of cheese. Stir till combined then pour into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a knife to pierce the cornbread mixture several times all over. Pour the enchilada sauce all over the top of the casserole. Top with the shredded chicken and remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces and serving with optional toppings. Enjoy!