These pesto mozzarella chicken meatballs are full of taste and first-rate easy to make in only 3 simple steps. Stunning and delicious appetizer in minutes!
- 1/2 cup (30gr) Panko, Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1lb (450gr) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80gr) basil pesto, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2.5oz (65gr) mini fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the Panko in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Add chicken, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons pesto. Pulse until smooth.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, divide the meat mixture into uniform meatballs. You will get about 25-26 of them. Flatten each meatball and place a mini mozzarella ball in the middle. With a slightly dampened hand, roll the meatballs between your palms, making sure the cheese is fully covered. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet, lined with a silicone mat. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Coat the cooked meatballs with remaining 1/3 cup pesto, sprinkle some Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.