Ready in half-hour, strips of chicken breasts sautéed with bell peppers in a savory pan sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lawry’s® 25% Less Sodium Seasoned Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s® Garlic Pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into strips Substitutions available
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Mix flour, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic pepper in a shallow dish. Coat chicken evenly in flour mixture. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add onion and bell peppers to skillet; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Mix chicken broth, reserved flour mixture and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each seasoned salt and garlic pepper until well blended. Add to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Cut chicken into serving-size pieces. Add to skillet; toss with bell pepper mixture.