Chicken tajine with quince Here, I wanted to put fresh fruit, instead of prunes or dried apricots that I put there often. And as I had quince in my basket fruit, instead of slipping in a compote for the little man I used them for my tagine. It was a nice idea, this dish was delicious, very fragrant. I accompanied him with raisin semolina, and I already know that I will do it again.
Ingredients (4 people)
4 chicken thighs
2 small quinces (or a big one)
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon raisins
1 cube of chicken broth (organic, lean in salt)
1. Peel and thinly slice the onions.
2. Peel and remove the quince hearts. Cut them into pieces.
3. Remove the skin from the chicken pieces.
4. Heat a cast-iron casserole (or tajine dish) with a little oil. Sauté chopped onions and spices. Mix and add the pieces of quince and chicken.
5. Add the bouillon cube, the raisins wet with 30 cl of water. Lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes undercover.
6. Season the seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve with semolina.