These glazed carrots are made with an easy combination of brown sugar and butter. The brown sugar and butter aggregate creates a sweet and delightful glaze. The carrots make a delicious facet dish, and it is certainly one of our maximum-requested holiday aspect dish recipes.
- 16 ounces carrots (any size works)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup of water
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Wash the carrots under cold running water.
Combine the carrots with the butter, brown sugar, and water
- Combine the carrots with the butter, brown sugar, and water in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue boiling (uncovered) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until carrots are tender and the liquid has evaporated. Check and stir frequently to avoid scorching. Add more water, as needed.
The liquids will boil down and the water will evaporate, leaving the carrots cooked and nicely glazed with the brown sugar syrup.
Season the carrots to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!