Upgrade your conventional roast side with these visual Hasselback carrots. The earthy vegetable tastes exceptional seasoned with warming cumin, fragrant fennel and glazed with honey for a crisp end
- 750g carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 10cm lengths
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, gently crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, gently crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Carefully cut small widthways slits into each carrot length, stopping three-quarters of the way down. Continue along the length of the carrot to achieve a Hasselback effect.
- In a bowl, toss the carrots with the cumin, fennel, olive oil, honey, and some seasoning. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until crisped and golden.
- Sprinkle with the feta and parsley to serve.