No-fuss easy peasy carrots glazed with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. These carrots are candy, savory, and actually extraordinary!
- 2 pounds carrots, halved lengthwise, tops reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender.*
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, orange zest, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until glazed and heated through about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with reserved tops, if desired.
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the carrots.