.This Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet recipe are quick, scrumptious and satisfying! It’s made from scratch and not using processed substances. Ready in less than half-hour. Perfect meal prep recipe to preserve your taste buds happy and your stomach complete. Whole30 compliant.
- 5 – 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon ginger (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds)
Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, and ginger in a small bowl until well combined and no lumps.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 8 -10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet and reserve.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the reserved coconut amino mixture; toss to heat through. Bring to a full boil to thicken.
Garnish with sliced and scallions and sesame seed, if desired.
Server with mashed potatoes, white rice, quinoa, or vegetables.
I used 1 teaspoon of dried ginger but feel free to use freshly grated ginger.
The cayenne pepper adds a subtle spicy kick to this recipe. If you don’t like the heat feel free to avoid this ingredient.