This Skillet Lemon Chicken is a chook and vegetable dish, with a totally easy cream sauce drizzled over the roasted flavors, for a weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 8 ounces small red potatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 thin lemon slices seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Place carrots and potatoes, cut side down, in pan; sprinkle with thyme. Place pan in oven; bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Return chicken to pan; top with lemon slices. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Place chicken and vegetables on a plate.
Combine 1/2 cup milk, flour, and rind in a bowl. Return pan to medium-high heat (do not wipe out pan). Add flour mixture and remaining 1 cup milk to the pan, scraping loosen browned bits; cook 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and vegetables to the pan. Sprinkle with parsley.