Pan-seared, crispy, juicy chicken thighs in a clean and creamy garlic dijon sauce with fried bacon, spinach, and parmesan! So smooth and scrumptious low carb!
For The Chicken:
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or regular salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces (150 g) bacon
For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauv Blanc, Riesling) — substitute with low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half (thickened cream or heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (substitute with salt or stock powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Season chicken with seasoning salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until crispy and cooked through (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
To the same pan or skillet, add the bacon and fry until crispy. Transfer to a plate, set aside. Drain some of the bacon fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons.
Heat butter in the pan and sauté onion until transparent. Sauté garlic, parsley, thyme, and rosemary for about 1 minute until fragrant.
Add in the white wine to deglaze the pan while scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan; simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the wine has reduced by half.
Pour in cream and Dijon, mix through and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook gently for a further minute to allow the sauce to thicken.
Add the Parmesan and allow it to melt through the sauce. Season with bullion powder and pepper, to taste.
Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Return chicken to the skillet. Top with the crispy bacon. Sprinkle with extra herbs if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 881mg | Potassium: 521mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1245IU | Vitamin C: 7.1mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg