Almond crusted chicken parmesan with marinara is a brief recipe with no pork rinds that uses almond meal, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning for monstrous taste.
- 1.5 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Egg or 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Dried or Fresh Basil for Topping
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2.5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cups Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Sprinkle of Red Onion
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and top them with a large piece of parchment or wax paper.
2. Use the flat side of a mallet to flatten the chicken breasts until they are about 1/2” thick or at least thinner and of uniform thickness.
3. In one bowl or dish, whisk an egg.
4. In another bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
5. Dip one piece of chicken into the egg mixture until it’s well coated.
6. Transfer the chicken to the almond mixture and coat the chicken with the mixture on all sides.
7. Set the chicken piece aside and repeat with the remaining pieces.
8. Heat a pan over medium heat.
9. Add the oil and once hot, add the chicken to the pan, making sure to not crowd the chicken in the pan.
10. Allow the chicken to sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until a nice browned crust has formed on the underside of the chicken.
11. Carefully flip the chicken over and allow the chicken to brown on the other side for 2 minutes.
12. Place your ThermoPro thermometer probe into the thickest part of the meat and set the desired temperature for 160 degrees Fahrenheit, just under the 165-degree minimum temperature for poultry.
13. Place the pan with the chicken in a 350-degree oven and bake until the thermometer sensor beeps.
14. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the sauce all over the chicken.
15. Top with the shredded cheese.
16. Place the chicken back in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees.
17. Remove the temperature probe and turn the broiler on.
18. Broil until the cheese is well melted and starts to brown slightly.
19. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and garnish with fresh or dried basil.
20. Serve with your