Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cookies are the BEST fall dessert recipe. These cookies are so gentle, full of a scrumptious cream cheese filling, and that they actually have a sweet coating of cinnamon and sugar! What better way to welcome in fall than with a pumpkin cookie?
- 33/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 11/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese- softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
For cinnamon-sugar coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in pumpkin puree, an egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
- To make the cookies flatten like a pancake 1 Tablespoon of cookie batter, place 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese in the center. Take another tablespoon of the cookie batter and flatten it like a pancake, place on top of the cream cheese, seal the edges together and really gently roll into a ball, then roll the ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the lined baking sheet. Keep at least 2 inches apart between balls. Press the cookie balls with heavy-bottomed glass to flatten it (you can sprinkle some extra cinnamon-sugar mixture on top)