Roasted chickens are the appropriate Sunday supper. Season the chicken nicely, in this situation with the greatest Tuscan butter, and throw something vegetables you have got round it and you’ve set your self up for a week’s really worth of meals. Use your leftovers in a chicken salad sandwich or maybe turn it into chicken noodle soup!
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
Spinach, for serving
- Place a large skillet in the oven and preheat to 450°. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temp while the oven preheats and you prepare remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, broccoli, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and oil. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Brush all over the chicken.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and place chicken in the center, then scatter vegetables around. Bake until the skin is crispy and golden and the internal temperature of the thigh registers 165°, about 1 hour. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over a bed of spinach. Spoon additional pan drippings over, if desired and top with basil.