What makes Chicken Parmesan so right is the mixture of all of its parts sings in such concord collectively. It is so easy, but every ingredient is important to creating it the sort of delicious dish. When performed proper, there aren’t many better comfort foods than this one.
1 lb of Thin Cut Chicken Breasts
1/2 inch deep of Vegetable Oil
1.5 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Egg Whites (remove the yolks)
Large Frying Pan – bottom filled with 1/2 inch of Vegetable Oil
Pasta type can vary. We used vermicelli, which is similar to spaghetti
Provolone Cheese – slices (We have tried multiple cheeses with this recipe and found provolone tastes the best)
Your favorite Marinara Sauce
- Begin heating Vegetable Oil on medium heat.
- On a plate, crack the eggs and remove the yolks, leaving only the whites on the plate.
- On a separate plate, mix your All-Purpose Flour and Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs, fully covering it.
- Dip the chicken into the flour and panko crumb mixture (double coating will make for a better breading)
- Repeat steps 4 & 5
- When the oil is to temperature (dip a wooden spoon or a chopstick into the oil, If the oil bubbles consistently, then the oil is ready for your chicken), carefully place the chicken in the frying pan.
- Flip every couple of minutes until golden brown. (If your breasts are thin like we suggested this should take about 10 minutes)
- When the chicken is done cooking take them out of the oil and let rest for 10 minutes. Note: do not let sit on a paper towel or on a plate. This will cause the breading to get soggy. We use a metal strainer and stand the chicken up so the grease is able to drip off properly.
- Now to the Pasta & Marinara Sauce: Bring a medium-sized saucepan filled halfway with water to a rapid boil. Follow the cooking instructions on the back of your pasta bag to complete cooking.
- Meanwhile while cooking the pasta: Pour your marinara sauce into a separate saucepan and bring up to a boil while the pasta is cooking
- You will then cover each piece of chicken with a piece of provolone cheese and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top of that, and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 5 minutes (until the cheese has melted on top).
- You will then remove the chicken from the oven, and cover the top of it with the pasta sauce.
- Finally, you will plate your pasta, and place your chicken breast on top of it.
How did this recipe work out for you? Let us know how your experience went in the comment section below!