This simple coconut mango chicken and broccoli curry is the whole thing. It’s easy, healthy, packed with some of anyone’s preferred summer veggies (hi there zucchini and summer squash, I’m speakme approximately you!) and finished with sparkling mango (which if you men couldn’t inform I am quite plenty obsessed with this summertime). All served over rice with a massive piece of fresh naan for scooping.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 rounded tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 medium summer squash and or zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 14 ounces can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- juice + zest of lime
- rice, fresh naan, and roasted cashews, for serving
1. Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is golden, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Add the chicken, curry powder, cayenne and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned. Add the garlic add ginger and cook another minute. Add the zucchini and summer squash and cook 2 minutes more. Pour in the coconut milk and add the broccoli. Bring the curry to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the broccoli is tender.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro, mango, lime juice, and zest. Serve the curry over a bed of rice with fresh naan. Top with cashews. Enjoy!