Coconut Lime Chicken Curry! With spring getting nearer and closer, I’m loving the concept of brighter dishes. That said, it’s nevertheless quite cold and snowy right here. I recognize a variety of you East Coaster’s are currently blanketed within the fluffy white stuff too! So comfortable food is although a ought to. Fortunately, this recipe does double duty by combining both fresh and comfy!
- 1/2 sweet onion, quartered
- 2 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 red Fresno pepper, seeded
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red or green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 bunch broccoli, ends trimmed
- 8 ounces of rice noodles
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 person cucumbers, sliced
- sprouts, shredded coconut, shredded carrots, for serving
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, lemongrass, Fresno pepper, ginger, garlic, and curry paste and pulse until a paste forms.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the curry paste mixture and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook another 2-3 minutes until browned.
3. Pour in the Coconut Almondmilk. Add the fish sauce and broccoli. Bring the mix to a simmer over medium heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
4. When the curry is done, remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and basil.
5. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and ladle the curry over top. Garnish with the cucumbers, fresh basil, sprouts, carrots, and lime. Enjoy!