Chicken, spinach, and artichokes come together on this scrumptious, one-pot baked hen recipe. A clean, keto-friendly bird dinner idea!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 chicken pieces (thighs, chicken breast, legs, etc…)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 425.
Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet that’s safe for stovetop and oven.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Add to skillet and brown on both sides; about 5 minutes on each side.
Remove from skillet and set it on the side, leaving the oil in skillet.
Add artichokes, onions, carrots and 1/2 of chopped garlic to the skillet.
Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally,.
Add rest of the chopped garlic and spinach; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add broth and chicken.
Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Plate and ladle liquid and veggies over chicken pieces.