Glazed Carrots are typically made at the range but they may be a lot more notable roasted!!! Tossed with brown sugar and butter then roasted so that you get suitable caramelized edges with a caramel-like sauce, this a great brief and easy carrot aspect dish that’s so outrageously delicious, you could just have a bowl of this for dinner. (I did!)
- 1 kg / 2 lb carrots, peeled (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar, loosely packed (Note 2)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp butter (30g) , melted (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 220C/425F (standard) or 200C/400F (fan).
Cut carrot on the diagonal into 4cm / 1.75” lengths. Halve thicker end so they are all roughly the same width.
Toss in a bowl with sugar, butter, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour onto the tray, spread out.
Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast a further 10 minutes until soft and caramelized on the edges with plenty of glazes left on the tray.
Toss carrots in the glaze, sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve warm.
1. Carrots – use any type of carrots. Baby, dutch, purple or standard (as I have done)
2. Sugar – Can be substituted with honey or maple syrup, and can reduce down to 1 tbsp.
Nutrition per serving.