If your notion this chicken salad was going to have rum, sorry to disappoint you. But it does have coconut fowl, pineapple, and a tropical lime dressing that you’ll be wanting to drink similar to a cocktail.
Freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 2 limes, plus zest of 1
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, season flour with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs. In a third shallow bowl, add coconut. Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then coconut and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and coconut is golden 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine romaine, red pepper, pineapple, and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice and zest, and red pepper flakes and season with salt.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.