We currently located our love of the old-college conventional pork stroganoff. It’s creamy, hearty, and DELICIOUS over a bed of egg noodles. This chicken version is simply as appropriate. It’s a touch lighter than the original, however nevertheless incredibly flavorful and extraordinarily comforting.
Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions and toss with butter while still hot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add chicken and sear 8 to 10 minutes, until golden on all sides, and season with salt and pepper. Work in batches if needed. Remove chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Lower heat to medium and add one tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and cook until golden and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place in bowl with chicken.
- Add remaining oil and onion. Cook until softened, 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme cook until fragrant, 2 minutes more. Stir in broth, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk some of the hot broth into your cornstarch. Stir into the broth along with with reserved chicken and mushrooms and continue to simmer until thickened by about half, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture over prepared egg noodles and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and parsley.